Tuesday, February 19, 2019

The Risk (Briar U#2)- Elle Kennedy


Have you ever hyped a book so much that your a little afraid it might not meet your expectations well this is not the case The Risk is for sure one of the best reads of 2019. Brenna and Jake stole the other half of my heart (Fitz and Summer own the other). It’s honestly so good my face hurt of how much I smile throughout this entire story. 

This Risk tells the story about our self declared bad girl Brenna Jensen, a Briar U student and daughter of the hockey head coach. And our hero Jake Connelly, Harvard student and captain of the hockey team what happens when a fake relationship becomes tho opposites becomes a little too real? 

The Risk is definitely another score from Elle Kennedy, I wanted to read about Jake and Brenna since they were introduced in the chase, it did not dissapoint it was so good. It had great writing, the banter was on point, it was sexy and so much more, I was smitten since the first page all the way through the last. I was a little sad once it was over. What I love about this series is that Elle kept the essence of the characters in their own story, sometimes side characters caught your attention but once you read about them they lack the charm we fell in love with not this series the characters past and present kept that charm going. 

Overall this is a must read for me a 2019 best read winner in my opinion. If you love sexy hockey 
players and a kickass heroine add to the mix a sexy and funny story and you have the Risk, check it 
out you won’t be disappointed. A side note cannot wait for the next installment, I also need Brooks Weston book he deserves one. 











*****Thank you to Elle Kennedy for providing an ARC for an honest Review *****